Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Detail of date plaque

SC 398709

Description Detail of date plaque

Catalogue Number SC 398709

Category On-line Digital Images

Copy of A 75273

Scope and Content Plaque, The Brewery, Burnside Place, Cromarty, Highland Cromarty was a depopulated and poor burgh until 1772 when George Ross purchased the Cromarty estate and went on to establish a rope-works and a brewery. The town flourished until about 1850 when both enterprises failed. This plaque, dated 1901, is displayed on the side of the brewery built in about 1785 by George Ross. The plaque bears the inscription: Thanks be to God/ 1901/ G N G B. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.


File Format (TIF) Tagged Image File Format bitmap

People and Organisations


Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © RCAHMS

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions