Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Bank of Scotland, High Street. General view.

SC 398661

Description Bank of Scotland, High Street. General view.

Catalogue Number SC 398661

Category On-line Digital Images

Copy of A 15889

Scope and Content Bank of Scotland, High Street, Cromarty, Highland Cromarty was a depopulated and poor burgh until 1772 when George Ross purchased the Cromarty estate and went on to establish a rope-works and a brewery. The town flourished until about 1850 when both enterprises failed. The Bank of Scotland was built in 1876 by A & W Reid. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/398661

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © RCAHMS

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions