Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

General view of remains of Castle covered in ivy.

SC 398426

Description General view of remains of Castle covered in ivy.

Catalogue Number SC 398426

Category On-line Digital Images

Copy of A 16443

Scope and Content Remains of Dingwall Castle, grounds of The Castle, Castle Street, Dingwall, Highlands The Castle was built in 1812 for Captain Roderick MacLennan. Its mock-crenellated form commemorates medieval Dingwall Castle, demolished in 1818. This is all that remains of Dingwall's medieval castle. It belonged to the Earls of Ross who owned Dingwall in the 14th and 15th centuries. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.


File Format (TIF) Tagged Image File Format bitmap

People and Organisations


Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © RCAHMS

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions