Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

In recognition of the essential restrictions and measures imposed by the Scottish and UK Governments, we have closed all sites, depots and offices, including the HES Archives and Library, with immediate effect. Read our latest statement on Coronavirus (COVID-19).

High Street. General view of North East side.

SC 398288

Description High Street. General view of North East side.

Catalogue Number SC 398288

Category On-line Digital Images

Copy of RC 3239

Scope and Content High Street, Tain, Highland Tain, a medieval place of pilgrimage, became a royal burgh by 1567. It expanded from the late 18th century onwards during which time the layout of its streets was rationalised. The half-timbered block housing the Spa Food Market was built in about 1900 and was once Fraser's Hotel. To its right is Number 18-22 High Street, built in 1896-7 by Andrew Maitland and Sons in a style influenced by Flemish Renaissance architecture. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/398288

File Format (TIF) Tagged Image File Format bitmap

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © RCAHMS

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions