Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Fingask Castle. General aerial view of Fingask Castle, showing castle, gardens and kennels, taken in 1993.

SC 397462

Description Fingask Castle. General aerial view of Fingask Castle, showing castle, gardens and kennels, taken in 1993.

Catalogue Number SC 397462

Category On-line Digital Images

Copy of C 11955 CN

Scope and Content Fingask Castle, tower-house, Perth and Kinross Fingask Castle is a stepped L-plan tower-house dating to 1594, which was converted to a T-plan shape in 1674. It was further enlarged in the 18th and 19th centuries. This aerial photograph shows the many changes and extensions that have been made to the tower-house. The oldest part of the tower-house is adjacent to the driveway. The lands of Fingask are on record by 1164, and by 1399 they belonged to a branch of the Bruces of Clackmannan. In 1672 Fingask passed to the Threipland family who built the tower-house. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/397462

File Format (TIF) Tagged Image File Format bitmap

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © RCAHMS

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions