Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

View of St Leonard's House.

SC 372131

Description View of St Leonard's House.

Date 1940

Collection Miss Kidston

Catalogue Number SC 372131

Category On-line Digital Images

Copy of B 95856 PO

Scope and Content West range of St Leonard's House, St Leonard's School, St Andrews, Fife St Leonard's School was originally a medieval college. This survived until 1747 when it was merged with St Salvator's College and the buildings were abandoned. In 1881, these were turned into a school. The west range of St Leonard's House was built under Principal Dr William Guild in 1655. It originally contained 10 'houses', each accommodating four students, two to a floor. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/372131

File Format (TIF) Tagged Image File Format bitmap

Collection Hierarchy - Item Level

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © Courtesy of HES (Miss Kidston Collection)

Licence Type: Educational

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions