Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

View of St Leonard's House and Classroom block from South.

SC 372128

Description View of St Leonard's House and Classroom block from South.

Collection Mrs Wilson

Catalogue Number SC 372128

Category On-line Digital Images

Copy of B 95861 PO

Scope and Content St Leonard's House, St Leonard's School, St Andrews, Fife St Leonard's School was originally a medieval college. This survived until 1747 when it was merged with St Salvator's College and the buildings were abandoned. In 1881, these were turned into a school. St Leonard's House's east range (left) was built for Principal Peter Brown in around 1617. The west range (right) was completed for his successor Dr William Guild in 1655. It originally contained 10 'houses', each taking four students, two to a floor. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.


File Format (TIF) Tagged Image File Format bitmap

Collection Hierarchy - Item Level

Collection Level (551 919) Photographs of buildings in St Andrews, Fife by Mrs Wilson

> Item Level (SC 372128) View of St Leonard's House and Classroom block from South.

People and Organisations


Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © Courtesy of HES (Mrs Wilson Collection)

Licence Type: Educational

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions