Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Kilbrannan, Skipness Chapel. Detail of aumbry.

SC 366600

Description Kilbrannan, Skipness Chapel. Detail of aumbry.

Collection RCAHMS

Catalogue Number SC 366600

Category On-line Digital Images

Copy of AG 709

Scope and Content Aumbry in chancel of Kilbrannan Chapel, Knapdale, Argyll Kilbrannan Chapel, dedicated to St Brendan, was probably built to replace Skipness Castle's chapel in around 1300. Most of the stone was quarried nearby, but the red sandstone dressings came from Arran, just across the Sound. The south wall of the chancel contains this small cupboard or aumbry, probably used for storing the utensils associated with the celebration of the mass. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/366600

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © RCAHMS

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions