Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Interior and Exterior Elevation, Section and Plan of South Doorway u.s. u.d.

SC 360703

Description Interior and Exterior Elevation, Section and Plan of South Doorway u.s. u.d.

Collection RCAHMS

Catalogue Number SC 360703

Category On-line Digital Images

Copy of AGD 526/9

Scope and Content Drawing of interior of main entrance of Kilbrannan Chapel, Knapdale, Argyll Kilbrannan Chapel, dedicated to St Brendan, was probably built to replace Skipness Castle's chapel in around 1300. Most of the stone was quarried nearby, but the red sandstone dressings came from Arran, just across the Sound. The south doorway was the main entrance into the nave. The internal arch is pointed with a dropped centre. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/360703

Collection Hierarchy - Item Level

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © RCAHMS

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions