Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Interior and Exterior Elevation, Section and Plan of East window u.s. u.d.

AGD 526/6

Description Interior and Exterior Elevation, Section and Plan of East window u.s. u.d.

Date c. 1975

Collection RCAHMS

Catalogue Number AGD 526/6

Category Prints and Drawings

Copies SC 360696, SC 360697, SC 360698, SC 360699, SC 360700

Scope and Content Section of east window of Kilbrannan Chapel, Knapdale, Argyll Kilbrannan Chapel, dedicated to St Brendan, was probably built to replace Skipness Castle's chapel in around 1300. Most of the stone was quarried nearby, but the red sandstone dressings came from Arran, just across the Sound. The east window consists of a main opening (right) with two tall pointed lights (spaces for glazed panels) and a rear arch (left). Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.

Scale 1":2'

Medium Ink

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/360694

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © RCAHMS

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions