Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Detail of entrance in North wall

AG 2111

Description Detail of entrance in North wall

Date 1965

Collection RCAHMS

Catalogue Number AG 2111

Category Photographs and Off-line Digital Images

Copies SC 359536

Scope and Content North door of nave of Kilbrannan Chapel, Knapdale, Argyll Kilbrannan Chapel, dedicated to St Brendan, was probably built to replace Skipness Castle's chapel in around 1300. Most of the stone was quarried nearby, but the red sandstone dressings came from Arran, just across the Sound. The north door of the nave is smaller and simpler in design than the main south doorway. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/359514

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © RCAHMS

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions