Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Kilbrannan, Skipness Chapel. General view of chapel and part of churchyard from South-West.

SC 359265

Description Kilbrannan, Skipness Chapel. General view of chapel and part of churchyard from South-West.

Date 1965

Collection RCAHMS

Catalogue Number SC 359265

Category On-line Digital Images

Copy of AG 717

Scope and Content View from south-west showing Kilbrannan Chapel and burial-ground, Skipness, Argyll and Bute Kilbrannan Chapel stands c.320m south-east of Skipness Castle on the eastern shore of Skipness Bay. Dating from the late 13th or early 14th century, it is dedicated to St Brendan and was probably out of use by the end of the 18th century. Although roofless, the chapel is relatively well-preserved. This view shows the remains of the chapel within the surrounding burial-ground, which contains many late medieval and Post-Reformation (post-1560) tombstones and monuments. The west gable (left) contains a lancet window with a small square window above, which probably lit a later loft. In the centre can be seen the main entrance doorway between a lancet window (left) and the adjoining burial-enclosures (right). Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.

External Reference Inv. plate 27b

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/359265

File Format (TIF) Tagged Image File Format bitmap

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © RCAHMS

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions