Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Detail of plinth at North West corner

SC 359255

Description Detail of plinth at North West corner

Collection RCAHMS

Catalogue Number SC 359255

Category On-line Digital Images

Copy of AG 711

Scope and Content Detail of base-plinth of Kilbrannan Chapel, Knapdale, Argyll Kilbrannan Chapel, dedicated to St Brendan, was probably built to replace Skipness Castle's chapel in around 1300. Most of the stone was quarried nearby, but the red sandstone dressings came from Arran, just across the Sound. This shows the projecting stonework, or base-plinth, at the foot of the external wall. It is made up of three levels, or courses, of stone. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/359255

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © RCAHMS

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions