Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Detail of entrance in South wall

SC 359252

Description Detail of entrance in South wall

Date 1965

Collection RCAHMS

Catalogue Number SC 359252

Category On-line Digital Images

Copy of AG 710

Scope and Content Main entrance of Kilbrannan Chapel, Knapdale, Argyll Kilbrannan Chapel, dedicated to St Brendan, was probably built to replace Skipness Castle's chapel in around 1300. Most of the stone was quarried nearby, but the red sandstone dressings came from Arran, just across the Sound. This south door was the main entrance to the nave. Just inside the doorway, on the left, is a socket for a heavy drawbar. On the other side of the nave is the less ornate north doorway. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.

External Reference Inv. plate

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/359252

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © RCAHMS

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions