Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Detail of gable coping on North East corner

SC 359250

Description Detail of gable coping on North East corner

Date 1965

Collection RCAHMS

Catalogue Number SC 359250

Category On-line Digital Images

Copy of AG 706

Scope and Content Profile of gable-coping of Kilbrannan Chapel, Knapdale, Argyll Kilbrannan Chapel, dedicated to St Brendan, was probably built to replace Skipness Castle's chapel in around 1300. Most of the stone was quarried nearby, but the red sandstone dressings came from Arran, just across the Sound. Each end, or gable, of the chapel is decorated with overhanging coping-stones. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.

External Reference Inv. plate 30c

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/359250

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © RCAHMS

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions