Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Interior-detail of blocked lancet window in South wall

SC 359249

Description Interior-detail of blocked lancet window in South wall

Date 1965

Collection RCAHMS

Catalogue Number SC 359249

Category On-line Digital Images

Copy of AG 704

Scope and Content Interior of blocked lancet window in chancel of Kilbrannan Chapel, Knapdale, Argyll Kilbrannan Chapel, dedicated to St Brendan, was probably built to replace Skipness Castle's chapel in around 1300. Most of the stone was quarried nearby, but the red sandstone dressings came from Arran, just across the Sound. This is one of the lancet windows of the chancel. It was blocked by later tombs. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.

External Reference Inv. plate 29g

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/359249

File Format (TIF) Tagged Image File Format bitmap

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © RCAHMS

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions