Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Interior-detail of lancet window in North wall of Chancel

SC 359240

Description Interior-detail of lancet window in North wall of Chancel

Date 1965

Collection RCAHMS

Catalogue Number SC 359240

Category On-line Digital Images

Copy of AG 695

Scope and Content Interior of lancet window in chancel of Kilbrannan Chapel, Knapdale, Argyll Kilbrannan Chapel, dedicated to St Brendan, was probably built to replace Skipness Castle's chapel in around 1300. Most of the stone was quarried nearby, but the red sandstone dressings came from Arran, just across the Sound. Only the north lancet window of the chancel remains unblocked. The internal arch is broadly chamfered. This means that its corners have been almost entirely removed, giving it a half-hexagonal profile. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.

External Reference Inv. plate 29c

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/359240

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © RCAHMS

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions