Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Interior-detail of East window embrasure

AG 713

Description Interior-detail of East window embrasure

Date 1965

Collection RCAHMS

Catalogue Number AG 713

Category Photographs and Off-line Digital Images

Copies SC 359259

Scope and Content East window (from inside) of Kilbrannan Chapel, Knapdale, Argyll Kilbrannan Chapel, dedicated to St Brendan, was probably built to replace Skipness Castle's chapel in around 1300. Most of the stone was quarried nearby, but the red sandstone dressings came from Arran, just across the Sound. The east window lights the chancel where the now-missing altar stood. It consists of two tall pointed lights (spaces for glazed panels) with a small lozenge-shaped light between the apices. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/359018

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © RCAHMS

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions