Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Elevation and strip plan Preparatory drawing for 'Tolbooths and Town-Houses', RCAHMS, 1996.

SC 338117

Description Elevation and strip plan Preparatory drawing for 'Tolbooths and Town-Houses', RCAHMS, 1996.

Collection RCAHMS

Catalogue Number SC 338117

Category On-line Digital Images

Copy of DC 29673

Scope and Content Elevation of Inverness Town Steeple, Highland Inverness Town-steeple is all that remains of an 18th century town-house, perhaps the third since the 15th century. Completed in 1791, the town-house was paid for by the counties of the Northern Circuit which used it as a court-house. The burgh paid for the steeple with the help of public subscription. Sir Hector Munro, MP, donated the clock. The spire was built by Alexander Stevens, an expert spire-builder. It was damaged by an earth tremor in 1816 and restored in 1828. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/338117

File Format (TIF) Tagged Image File Format bitmap

Collection Hierarchy - Item Level

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © Crown Copyright: HES

Licence Type: Full

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions