Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Plans: Ground floor; First floor. Preparatory drawing for 'Tolbooths and Town-Houses', RCAHMS, 1996. N.d.

SC 337407

Description Plans: Ground floor; First floor. Preparatory drawing for 'Tolbooths and Town-Houses', RCAHMS, 1996. N.d.

Collection RCAHMS

Catalogue Number SC 337407

Category On-line Digital Images

Copy of DC 29573

Scope and Content Plans of South Queensferry Tolbooth, City of Edinburgh South Queensferry Tolbooth dates from before 1635. An application for money for repairs was made to the Convention of Royal Burghs in 1649. The tolbooth was substantially rebuilt in 1720. Originally the ground-floor of the main block held a weigh-house to the west, and probably a jail to the east. The first floor was altered in 1770. The ringing chamber above the court-room was converted to a writing office in 1813 Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/337407

Collection Hierarchy - Item Level

Collection Level (551 1) RCAHMS

Group Level (551 1/5) Thematic Surveys

>> Sub-Group Level (551 1/5/2) Tolbooths and Townhouses

>>> Item Level (SC 337407) Plans: Ground floor; First floor. Preparatory drawing for 'Tolbooths and Town-Houses', RCAHMS, 1996. N.d.

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © Crown Copyright: HES

Licence Type: Full

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions