Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Plans Preparatory drawing for 'Tolbooths and Town-Houses', RCAHMS, 1996. N.d.

SC 337280

Description Plans Preparatory drawing for 'Tolbooths and Town-Houses', RCAHMS, 1996. N.d.

Collection RCAHMS

Catalogue Number SC 337280

Category On-line Digital Images

Copy of DC 29653

Scope and Content Late 19th century view of Dysart Tolbooth, Fife Built in 1576, Dysart Tolbooth replaced an earlier tolbooth. The main block - enlarged in 1765, replaced in 1885 - housed the magistrates, the council, a prison, weigh-house, and guard-house. One room, a coffee room in 1811, became a library in 1815. This is how the tolbooth looked around 1880, before the 16th-century main block was rebuilt. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/337280

File Format (TIF) Tagged Image File Format bitmap

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © Crown Copyright: HES

Licence Type: Full

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions