Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

First Floor, east room, detail of carved stone commemorative plaque.

SC 336255

Description First Floor, east room, detail of carved stone commemorative plaque.

Catalogue Number SC 336255

Category On-line Digital Images

Copy of C 23767

Scope and Content Inscription recording donation inside Culross Town-house, Fife Culross Town-house was built in the early 17th century, probably replacing an early tolbooth dating from before 1588. A stone panel built into the east wall of the debtors' room records a gift to the burgh by Sir George Preston of Valleyfield in 1721. It tells how the council erected the plaque after he paid of a debt of 2,000 merks owed by the burgh. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/336255

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © RCAHMS

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions