Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

First Floor, east room, detail of carved Sir George Bruce heraldic plaque

SC 336252

Description First Floor, east room, detail of carved Sir George Bruce heraldic plaque

Catalogue Number SC 336252

Category On-line Digital Images

Copy of C 23766

Scope and Content Bruce arms inside Culross Town-house, Fife Culross Town-house was built in the early 17th century, probably replacing an early tolbooth dating from before 1588. The arms of Sir George Bruce (died 1625) are built into the east wall of the debtors' room. Another stone panel records a gift to the burgh by Sir George Preston of Valleyfield in 1721. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/336252

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © RCAHMS

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions