Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

South Queensferry General view. Titled: 'View of South Queensferry'. Engraving.

SC 335755

Description South Queensferry General view. Titled: 'View of South Queensferry'. Engraving.

Catalogue Number SC 335755

Category On-line Digital Images

Copy of B 19802 P

Scope and Content Mid 19th century view of South Queensferry Tolbooth, City of Edinburgh South Queensferry Tolbooth dates from before 1635. An application for money for repairs was made to the Convention of Royal Burghs in 1649. The tolbooth was substantially rebuilt in 1720. This is what the tolbooth (on the extreme left of the picture) and South Queensferry looked like around 1860. At this time the tolbooth had changed little since it was built in 1720. The Rosebery Memorial Hall is missing from the picture because it was not built until 1893 when it would occupy a position on the near side of the steeple. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/335755

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © RCAHMS

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions