Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Aberdeen, Castle Street, Municipal Buildings, Tolbooth Tower. General view of tower from North.

SC 335702

Description Aberdeen, Castle Street, Municipal Buildings, Tolbooth Tower. General view of tower from North.

Date 6/6/1988

Catalogue Number SC 335702

Category On-line Digital Images

Copy of A 74763

Scope and Content Aberdeen Tolbooth (rear), City of Aberdeen Aberdeen Tolbooth was built in the 17th century and modified during the next three centuries along with the surrounding buildings. Only the tower or 'wardhouse' survives from the original building. This pend to the east of the tolbooth is known as Lodge Walk. A charter-room above the pend was enlarged in 1841 when Archibald Simpson heightened the arch to match the new Town and County Building to the left of the picture. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/335702

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © RCAHMS

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions