Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Plans Preparatory drawing for 'Tolbooths and Town-Houses', RCAHMS, 1996. N.d. Signed: 'HLS'

DC 29652

Description Plans Preparatory drawing for 'Tolbooths and Town-Houses', RCAHMS, 1996. N.d. Signed: 'HLS'

Date c. 1994

Collection RCAHMS

Catalogue Number DC 29652

Category Prints and Drawings

Copies SC 337285

Scope and Content Plans of Dysart Tolbooth, Fife Built in 1576, Dysart Tolbooth replaced an earlier tolbooth. The main block - enlarged in 1765, replaced in 1885 - housed the magistrates, the council, a prison, weigh-house, and guard-house. One room, a coffee room in 1811, became a library in 1815. The steeple dates to 1576. The upper stages were built in 1743-4. A large first-floor window, probably 19th-century, was replaced by a more traditional narrow window some time after 1934. Steeple, 1576; forestair and doorway, early 17th century; upper stages of steeple, 1743-4 by Mr Douglas; new main block, 1885, by Campbell Douglas and Sellars of Glasgow. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.

Scale 1:100

Medium Ink on paper

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/306319

Collection Hierarchy - Item Level

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © Crown Copyright: HES

Licence Type: Full

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions