Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

View from South East

B 57178 CN

Description View from South East

Date 3/7/1991

Catalogue Number B 57178 CN

Category Photographs and Off-line Digital Images

Copies SC 336911

Scope and Content Dingwall Town-house, Highland Dingwall Town-house was started after six years of discussion and took ten years to build. The contractor, a member of the council, completed it in 1745. (The 1730 date-stone in the Church Street wall came from somewhere else.) Originally, the ground floor housed two shops, a school-room, and a prison in the base of the steeple. The first held a council-chamber. A single fore-staire was replaced by a double one in the late 19th century and then by a more ornate front in 1902-5. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/255386

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © RCAHMS

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions