Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Pricing Change

New pricing for orders of material from this site will come into place shortly. Charges for supply of digital images, digitisation on demand, prints and licensing will be altered. 

 

View of tower

B 96133 PO

Description View of tower

Date 9/1967

Collection Papers of Hubert Walter Wandesford Fenwick, architect, Pittenweem, Fife, Scotland

Catalogue Number B 96133 PO

Category Photographs and Off-line Digital Images

Copies SC 384235

Scope and Content Tower, Elie House Steading, Fife Elie House Steading was built mainly in the late 18th and early 19th century and appears in its present form, except for the sawmill, on the 1853 Ordnance Survey map. This tower looks like part of later medieval fortifications but in fact was built in the later 19th century (by 1893) to disguise the smoke stack of a steam-powered threshing and saw-mill. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/254343

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution & Restricted Use Summary

Attribution: © Courtesy of HES (Papers of Hubert Walter Wandesford Fenwick, architect, Pittenweem, Fife, Scotland)

Licence Type: Limited

You may solely view this material on the Canmore Site. No other use is permitted.

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions