Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

View from South East

A 75272

Description View from South East

Date 4/1986

Catalogue Number A 75272

Category Photographs and Off-line Digital Images

Copies SC 398710

Scope and Content The Brewer, Burnside Place, Cromarty, Highland Cromarty was a depopulated and poor burgh until 1772 when George Ross purchased the Cromarty estate and went on to establish a rope-works and a brewery. The town flourished until about 1850 when both enterprises failed. This is the brewery built in abut 1785 by George Ross. The photograph was taken in 1986, before the building was converted to student accommodation by Law and Dunbar-Naismith. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/251560

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © RCAHMS

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions