Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Brahan Castle. Detail of moulded base of quoin margin at junction with plinth mould.

RC 370

Description Brahan Castle. Detail of moulded base of quoin margin at junction with plinth mould.

Date 1967

Collection Records of the Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland (RCAHMS), Edinbu

Catalogue Number RC 370

Category Photographs and Off-line Digital Images

Copies SC 400164

Scope and Content Original plinth mould, Brahan Castle, Highland Brahan Castle was built in 1611 for Colin, 1st Earl of Seaforth. It was modernised and extended some time before 1837 and remained occupied until the 1950s. It was demolished in 1965. The base of the original part of the castle was decorated with a moulded plinth. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/249911

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © Crown Copyright: HES

Licence Type: Full

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions