Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

View of interior of Queen Mary's House, wooden ceiling.

B 42210

Description View of interior of Queen Mary's House, wooden ceiling.

Date c. 1950

Collection George Hay

Catalogue Number B 42210

Category Photographs and Off-line Digital Images

Copies SC 372125

Scope and Content Oak panelling in Queen Mary's House, South Street, St Andrews, Fife Queen Mary's House was probably begun by Hugh Scrymgeor in 1523. However, the ground plan and masonry suggest that most of it dates from the late 16th century. Mary Queen of Scots is believed to have stayed in the house, as did Charles II in July 1650. The second-floor chamber of the west wing contains this oak panelling which dates from 1590. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.

Accession Number 1991/27

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/240242

Collection Hierarchy - Item Level

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © Courtesy of HES (George Hay Collection)

Licence Type: Educational

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions