Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

View of Pulpit in interior of St Salvator's Chapel.

B 42207

Description View of Pulpit in interior of St Salvator's Chapel.

Date c. 1950

Collection George Hay

Catalogue Number B 42207

Category Photographs and Off-line Digital Images

Copies SC 371751

Scope and Content Pulpit, St Salvator's College Church, St Andrews, Fife St Salvator's College Church was built in about 1450 by Bishop Kennedy as part of his newly-founded St Salvator's College of which it is the only surviving structure. This oak pulpit is traditionally associated with John Knox but probably post-dates him. It is composite, having been constructed from parts salvaged from other pulpits. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.

Accession Number 1991/27

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/238058

Collection Hierarchy - Item Level

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © Courtesy of HES (George Hay Collection)

Licence Type: Educational

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions