Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

An oblique aerial view of Old Shandwick House, near Kildary, Easter Ross, looking ENE.

DP 341344

Description An oblique aerial view of Old Shandwick House, near Kildary, Easter Ross, looking ENE.

Date 19/5/2008

Collection J S Bone

Catalogue Number DP 341344

Category On-line Digital Images

Scope and Content Old Shandwick House was built for George Cockburn Ross of Berwickshire who succeeded to the Shandwick estate in 1790. It was built using funds put aside by his predecessor, William Ross, who was reputedly the last man in Britain to be killed in a duel (Dean & Miers). Last occupied in 1840, the house's flanking wings were dismantled to build New Shankwick House in 1936. Title and Scope & Content contributed by North of Scotland Archaeological Society (2021).

Accession Number 2020/58

External Reference D0827

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/2103597

File Format (JPG) JPEG bitmap

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © Courtesy of HES (James S Bone)

Licence Type: Educational

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions