Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Aerial view of Boat of Garten, Speyside, looking S.

SC 1903058

Description Aerial view of Boat of Garten, Speyside, looking S.

Date 1999

Collection Papers of James Sloan Bone, landscape historian, Inverness, Highland, Scotland

Catalogue Number SC 1903058

Category On-line Digital Images

Scope and Content The River Spey is to the left, crossed by the new bridge (1974) which replaced a previous wooden bridge (1899). Before this there was a ferry. The railway sidings are to the right. The Boat of Garten Station, opened in 1863 by the Inverness and Perth Junction Rly was then closed on 16 June 1969, part of the "Beeching cuts". It reopened on 22 July 1978 as a preserved station of the renovated Strathspey Railway Co. There are numerous references to buildings, too distant to note. The golf course and C19/20 club house are in the centre of the photo. Title and Scope & Content contributed by North of Scotland Archaeological Society (2021).

Accession Number 2019/15

External Reference P11094

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/1903058

File Format (TIF) Tagged Image File Format bitmap

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © Courtesy of HES (James S Bone)

Licence Type: Educational

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions