Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Aerial view of Invergordon Golf Course extension, looking SE.

SC 1865115

Description Aerial view of Invergordon Golf Course extension, looking SE.

Date 1994

Collection Papers of James Sloan Bone, landscape historian, Inverness, Highland, Scotland

Catalogue Number SC 1865115

Category On-line Digital Images

Scope and Content Golf began in Invergordon in 1893 with 9 holes at Rosskeen. In 1996 the original nine hole course was redesigned and extended to eighteen holes. The House of Rosskeen, built c. 1930, is among the trees at left of centre. The Hilton Stone which was discovered at Hilton of Cadboll, was moved to a site just below the line of trees at centre, but removed in 1928 to the British Museum. It's now in the National Museum of Scotland in Edinburgh. Title and Scope & Content contributed by North of Scotland Archaeological Society (2021).

Accession Number 2019/15

External Reference P10453

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/1865115

File Format (TIF) Tagged Image File Format bitmap

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © Courtesy of HES (James S Bone)

Licence Type: Educational

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions