Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Aerial view of the Links, Tain, looking NW.

SC 1865094

Description Aerial view of the Links, Tain, looking NW.

Date 1994

Collection Papers of James Sloan Bone, landscape historian, Inverness, Highland, Scotland

Catalogue Number SC 1865094

Category On-line Digital Images

Scope and Content This is a view of the Links on the Dornoch Firth at Tain. Records of this course only date back to the C19 but golf was probably played in the area before that. A new clubhouse was built in 1911 and this can be seen at bottom centre of picture. The ruined C13 St. Duthus Chapel is above the clubhouse and it is surrounded by a Victorian cemetery. A new cemetery has been established just above centre of picture. There is a rather indistinct 'lump' in the golf course towards top right which is marked on early maps as a gallow hill. Title and Scope & Content contributed by North of Scotland Archaeological Society (2021).

Accession Number 2019/15

External Reference P10433

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/1865094

File Format (TIF) Tagged Image File Format bitmap

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © Courtesy of HES (James S Bone)

Licence Type: Educational

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions