Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

View of East Shore harbour, Pittenweem, with fishing boats.

SC 396571

Description View of East Shore harbour, Pittenweem, with fishing boats.

Date 1889

Collection Erskine Beveridge

Catalogue Number SC 396571

Category On-line Digital Images

Copy of F 2033

Scope and Content Inner harbour, East Shore, Pittenweem, Fife Pittenweem Harbour was begun after 1541 to replace the earlier Boat Haven as the base for an expanding fishing fleet. Its piers have been rebuilt, repaired and extended at various times because of storm damage, and to meet the changing needs of the burgh. This the East Shore end of the inner harbour which is enclosed by the east pier (right). This pier was extended in 1641, partially rebuilt in 1688, and repaired in 1702 after storm damage. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/1773589

Collection Hierarchy - Item Level

Collection Level (551 59) Erskine Beveridge

> Item Level (SC 396571) View of East Shore harbour, Pittenweem, with fishing boats.

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © Courtesy of HES (Erskine Beveridge Collection)

Licence Type: Full

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions