Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

View of rear elevation of 7 Fitzroy Street, Dysart.

SC 1575202

Description View of rear elevation of 7 Fitzroy Street, Dysart.

Date 10/1964

Collection Scottish National Buildings Record

Catalogue Number SC 1575202

Category On-line Digital Images

Copy of F 948

Scope and Content Written on the back of the mounted print: ‘Shire: Fife. Place: Dysart. Building: 7, Fitzroy Street’. Photographer: ‘J.P.’ Date: ‘Oct 1964’ 7 Fitzroy Street, Dysart, Fife 7 Fitzroy Street was built in 1575, 22 years after Dysart became a royal burgh. It was extended in about 1700 around the time the burgh began to decline. This is the rear of the building. The curved gablet projecting from the roof is part of the later extension. Dysart, a pre-existing settlement on the outskirts of Kirkcaldy, became a burgh of barony in 1510 and a royal burgh in 1533. Originally a salt-making centre, it grew into a thriving port for exporting coal and fish. It declined from the 18th century. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.

External Reference MW/BR/DYS(T)/22

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/1575202

File Format (TIF) Tagged Image File Format bitmap

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © Crown Copyright: HES (Scottish National Buildings Record)

Licence Type: Educational

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions