- Council South Lanarkshire
- Parish East Kilbride (south Lanarkshire)
- Former Region Strathclyde
- Former District East Kilbride
- Former County Lanarkshire
NS65NE 38 66222 55223
This large rectangular tower house stood in a bend of the Rotten Calder Water until 1773, when it collapsed into the gorge. It was illustrated by MacGibbon and Ross from a drawing of 1765, now in the Royal Scottish Academy, and known locally because of later additions which survived until the present century.
The heavily overgrown site is littered with rubble and there are signs of structural remains of indeterminate age.
D MacGibbon and T Ross 1892; Strathclyde Regional Council 1991.
'Calderwood Castle' the country house was depicted on the OS 2nd Edition map (Lanarkshire, XVII 2, 1939). It has since been demolished. Information from RCAHMS (KD), December 2001.