Edinburgh, Forrest Road, New North Free Church
Chaplaincy (20th Century), Church (19th Century), Faculty Building (20th Century), Theatre (20th Century), University (20th Century)
Site Name Edinburgh, Forrest Road, New North Free Church
Alternative Name(s) Bristo Place; George Iv Bridge; Bedlam Theatre; Edinburgh University Chaplaincy Centre; New North Church
Canmore ID 74107
Site Number NT27SE 472
NGR NT 25734 73219
NGR Description Centred on NT 25734 73219
Datum OSGB36 - NGR
- Council Edinburgh, City Of
- Parish Edinburgh (edinburgh, City Of)
- Former Region Lothian
- Former District City Of Edinburgh
- Former County Midlothian
Thomas Hamilton (1846-48)
The New North Free Church has been used by Edinburgh University as a Fine Art Department and University Chaplaincy Centre.
Edinburgh City Public Library, Edinburgh Room
'Story of West St Giles Parish Church' by James Pringle (Session Clerk) (1916)
Small view of the Church at Meadow Place.
'The New North Church' by Josiah Livingston (1893)
Historical File - 'The New North Church'