Bothans, Yester House

Village (medieval)

Site Name Bothans, Yester House

Classification Village (medieval)

Canmore ID 56164

Site Number NT56NW 9

NGR NT 544 671

NGR Description NT c. 544 671

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Ordnance Survey licence number 100020548. All rights reserved.
© Copyright and database right 2015
View on large map

Administrative Areas

  • Council East Lothian
  • Parish Yester
  • Former Region Lothian
  • Former District East Lothian
  • Former County East Lothian

Archaeology Notes

c. 544 671

See also

(NT 544 671) The village of Bothans lay around the old church. It was pulled down when the new village of Gifford was built in the 17th c.

(For the old church, see ).

C E Green 1907

The brewhouse, bakehouse, mill etc of 'the Bothanys' are mentioned in a charter dated 17 March 1374/5.

C C Harvey and J MacLeod 1930.

No further information.

Visited by OS (BS), 22 July 1975.

Events

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions

Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions