Dysart, 'saint Dennis' Chapel'
- Council Fife
- Parish Kirkcaldy And Dysart
- Former Region Fife
- Former District Kirkcaldy
- Former County Fife
NT39SW 3 3036 9296.
(NT 3044 9300) St. Dennis' Chapel (NR) (Ruins of).
OS 6"map, Fifeshire, 1st ed., (1853)
There was a priory of Black Friars in the town of Dysart. Their chapel, called St. Dennis, was long in a ruinous state, but was lately converted into a forge.
Part of the original wall of the chapel is still standing.
NSA (written by Rev D Murray - 1836) 1845.
No reliable evidence of a Dominican house here can be found.
D E Easson 1957.
There are fragments of old walls here, but there is no evidence for the remains of a chapel.
Visited by OS (J L D) 5 October 1954.