Country House, Well (post Medieval)
- Council Edinburgh, City Of
- Parish Ratho
- Former Region Lothian
- Former District City Of Edinburgh
- Former County Midlothian
Bonnington House, c.1840, ?Thomas Hamilton
Actually in Edinburgh but with its entrance in West Lothian. Refurbished, 2001, by Lee Boyd Architects, including garden room and elegant structural glass staircase. Voted Britain's best listed home in a national television survey.
Taken from "West Lothian: An Illustrated Architectural Guide", by Stuart Eydmann, Richard Jaques and Charles McKean, 2008. Published by the Rutland Press http://www.rias.org.uk
NT16NW 9.00 11141 69102
NT16NW 9.01 NT 1122 6844 Lodge; Gate Piers
NT16NW 9.02 NT 1106 6917 House
NT16NW 9.03 NT 1104 6911 Stables
NT16NW 9.04 NT 1110 6908 Walled Garden
NT16NW 9.05 NT 11097 69099 Sundial
NT16NW 9.06 NT 11139 68791 Ornamental pond
NT16NW 19 NT 11143 69143 Dovecot
(NT 1114 6908) Bonnington House was built in 1622.
NSA 1845 (J Clason)
Bonnington House is an early 19th century transformation of the 17th century mansion. Jacobean style, two storeys, harled. It belonged to Sir James Foulis, Lord Colinton, in the mid-17th century, and passed eventually to Wilkies of Ormiston.
SDD List 1964.