Irvine, Riverside Walk, St Mary's Well
- Council North Ayrshire
- Parish Irvine
- Former Region Strathclyde
- Former District Cunninghame
- Former County Ayrshire
NS33NW 9 32268 38518
(NS 32268 38518) Chapel Well (NR)
OS 25" map (1968).
See also NS33NW 23.
This well is noted as 'Chapel Well' in the OSA and ONB, and given the alternative name of 'St Mary's Well' by McJannet. (It stood close to what was probably a chapel dedicated to St Mary - see NS33NW 23).
OSA 1794; Name Book 1856; A F McJannet 1938
Situated in a wall is a circular well-head which has now been sealed with concrete. Above the opening is a small stone plaque stating 'St Inan's Well AD 839-1921'.
No information regarding this last aurthority was encountered during investigation.
Visited by OS (JLD), 26 May 1954.
Visited by OS (JRL), 3 June 1982.