- Council Angus
- Parish Newtyle
- Former Region Tayside
- Former District Angus
- Former County Angus
(NO 3057 4060) Balcraig Castle (NR) (Site of)
OS 6"map, Angus, 2nd ed., (1903)
Scarcely any traces remained of Balcraig Castle, which stood a short distance S of Hatton Castle ( ) in 1845, and all trace of it had disappeared by 1885.
New Statistical Account (NSA) 1845; A J Warden 1880-5.
Visited by OS (J L D) 5 May 1958.
There are no visible remains of this castle which stood 450m SE of Hatton.
Statistical Account (OSA) 1792; NSA 1845; A J Warden 1880-85; RCAHMS 1984.