Perth, Tay Street, Waterworks
Art Gallery, Waterworks
- Council Perth And Kinross
- Parish Perth
- Former Region Tayside
- Former District Perth And Kinross
- Former County Perthshire
NO12SW 194 12039 23128
Location formerly cited as NO 12038 23137.
(Perth Water Works) [NAT]
OS (GIS) ep. 2.
(Perth Corp. Water Works) [NAT]
OS (GIS) ep. 3.
The Fergusson Gallery [NAT]
OS (GIS) AIB, May 2006.
Architect: Adam Anderson 1832
Public Library Architectural Review April 1957 article and photographs
Situated on corner of Tay Street and Marshall Place, facing the South Inch.
Converted to Tourist Information Centre by Morris & Steadman, 1968. Involved the addition of a rectangular south wing.
Converted to J.D. Fergusson Gallery by McLaren, Murdoch and Hamilton, Perth.
(Undated) information in NMRS.
(Location cited as NO 120 232). Perth Waterworks, built 1832, architect and engineer, Adam Anderson). A circular classical building, with a domed cylindrical cast-iron tank, and a rectangular block in similar style, with a handsome stone chimney. Recently restored and converted to an information centre. The early 20th century extension, with its Douglas and Grant triple-expansion pumping engine, has been demolished.
J R Hume 1977.
This building stands on the corner of Tay Street and Marshall Place. It has been converted to a tourist information office.
Information from RCAHMS (RJCM), 29 April 1988.