- Council Dumfries And Galloway
- Parish Borgue
- Former Region Dumfries And Galloway
- Former District Stewartry
- Former County Kirkcudbrightshire
NX55SE 35 5616 5005
A single unroofed structure and an attached length of wall are depicted on the 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map (Kirkcudbrightshire 1854, sheet 49). One small unroofed structure and a length of wall to the NE are shown on the current edition of the OS 1:10000 map (1993).
Information from RCAHMS (AKK) 27 June 2000.
Field Visit (April 2002 - May 2002)
small rectangular bothy (2) 5.1m long by 4.0m wide, set into a rocky outcrop and aligned roughly E-W. This building appears on the 1st Edition OS map, as noted above. It is a simple single roomed drystone construction, built into a low cliff or outcrop with its gables in fair condition. Also noted on the 1st Edition OS map is a right-angled stretch of walling extending to E and N of the building. Not noted on the map, however, is a further line of walling, severely degraded, running SW from the bothy. This extends most of the way to the western shore.
Information from NTS (SCS) November 2014