Edinburgh, North College Street, General
- Council Edinburgh, City Of
- Parish Edinburgh (edinburgh, City Of)
- Former Region Lothian
- Former District City Of Edinburgh
- Former County Midlothian
North College Street originated as part of the Kirk O Field Wynd and was altered in 1871 to become part of Chambers Street. (from Stuart Harris, "Place Names of Edinburgh", 1996, page 185)
REFERENCE: EDINBURGH CENTRAL PUBLIC LIBRARY
Accession 42374 -notes and 2 photographs (circa 1866).
Sources: Dean of Guild Bundle 1811 28.11.1811
Pet. of John Baxter, builder
North College Street, east of the circus lately built there
Separated from the circus by an entry
To take down old building and build a new house
Elevation and plan. Unsigned.