Inverurie, Old Station

Railway Station

Site Name Inverurie, Old Station

Classification Railway Station

Alternative Name(s) Inverury Station; Original Inverurie Station

Canmore ID 120077

Site Number NJ72SE 153

NGR NJ 7783 2110

NGR Description NJ c. 7783 2110

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Ordnance Survey licence number 100020548. All rights reserved.
© Copyright and database right 2015
View on large map

Administrative Areas

  • Council Aberdeenshire
  • Parish Inverurie
  • Former Region Grampian
  • Former District Gordon
  • Former County Aberdeenshire

Archaeology Notes

c. 7783 2110

For (successor and present) Inverurie Station (NJ 7758 2180), see

This intermediate station on the Inverness-Aberdeen (main) line of the Great North of Scotland Rly. was formerly situated 850m S of the present station ( ). It opened (as Inverury Station) on 20 September 1854, became the junction station for the Old Meldrum branch on 1 July 1856, was renamed Inverurie Station on 1 May 1866 and was replaced by the present station on 10 February 1902.

R V J Butt 1995.

Events

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions

Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions